Saturday, August 20, 2011

The competition

My first competition was on Saturday and Sunday. Compulsory on Saturday, and artistic and technical on Sunday. I was very nervous for my technical program, I was afraid of messing up on my step sequence, or wobbling on the landing of my half loop, or not holding my sit spin long enough, or being shaky on my right back-outside spiral. As you can see I had a lot of pressure for that program. But I was much more relaxed with my artistic solo. But I got 1st place in compulsory 1st place in artistic and 2nd place in my freestyle 4 technical program. It might sound funny, but I'm prouder of my 2nd place than I am of my other first places, cause I competed with two girls that 6 months ago, I would never even dreamed of competeing with them. My aunt (the 'allthingsyummy) gave my beautiful pink roses that she handed to me after my artistic program. They are the best pink rose smelling roses that I had ever smelled.

My 13 year old cousin helped out at the competition with me, she was the ice captain (she made sure that everybody was where they were supposed to be), and I helped out with the interpretive events and whatnot. Then my 15 year old cousin was the announcer, so that was very funny to hear his voice echo from all sides of the rink.

So now I can finally move on to more challenging things like the double Salcow that I have landed 3 times.  Tomorrow is my lesson, and I am very excited, so I can finally move on with my skating journey.

1 comment: