Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Day off From Skating

Today is my day off from skating. I've been skating for 5 days straight, 2 hours a day plus I went running on Friday and Sunday. So, as you can imagine, I'm a little tired. I will be spending my one and only day off painting my toenails and just hanging out.
I have been working my program for a competition in Valencia in September. I will be skating to The Training from the movie Mirror Mirror. Have you seen it yet? I have not. Anyway, my program consists of an Axel, 2 double Salchows, a camel spin, a layback spin, one back spiral, and a back spiral called a Charlotte. In this element you skate backwards, bring your leg straight up like the splits then you bring the rest of your torso down to your skating leg. Its not as difficult as it sounds, okay, maybe a little.
Its so beautiful outside today. I woke up with the sun streaming in just like the movies. It was kind of cool. Its also going to be a warm day, just like every other day.

Have you seen Mirror Mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment