Friday, May 25, 2012

Why I love to homeschool

Now that my homeschooling year is coming to a close, I realized that next year I would be going to a public high school.(I'm will still be home schooled throughout my high school years, after all I'm already in 9th grade.) That thought made be appreciate how fortunate I am. I was in public school for kindergarten and first grade so I do know what I'm talking about.

-I have the opportunity to finish school early and go ice skating so I can work toward fulfilling my dream of qualifying for the Winter Olympics in 2018 or 2022.

-What if one day I graduate high school and move to a far off land and realize that I never really knew the person a couple doors down in the hallway? What if I didn’t know the person that I sat across from at the breakfeast table every day? What if I didn't know what made him laugh? What the name of his friends are? What if because I didn't know the person, I didn't care about him or what he did with his life? If I was in regular school I wouldn’t be able to know the answer to these questions are. I would have school from 8:00-3:00, then I would get home by 3:30, then I would still have homework for 2-3 hours a day, and then I still have to eat dinner, call a friend or two, get some exercise, and go to sports. Being homeschooled allows me to know my family inside and out. Being homeschooled also allows me to know the ‘person down the hallway’ what makes him laugh, what his dreams are and concerns are.

Homeschooling is a wonderful part of my life. I will be homeschooled all through my highschool years, and I will surely homeschool my children so that they can enjoy learning and pursue their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment